I have changed my company car, what should I do?

HMRC Office Tax

Home / Blog / HMRC / I have changed my company car, what should I do?

If you have made changes to your company car then you will need to inform HMRC as they will need to update your tax code. Your employer can do this by filling out a P46 form to advise HMRC on the changes.

If there are any changes since the 6th of April then you can check or update details with HMRC yourself by using this link https://www.gov.uk/update-company-car-details

In order to be able to update your details you will need to know the list price of the car, CO2 emissions of the car and whether a diesel car meets the Euro 6D standards.

You cannot use the online service if you are part of a car share or averaging scheme, if you contribute to the car’s costs through salary or if it is a commercial vehicle (e.g. a van)

You can also call HMRC on 0300 200 3300.


If you have any further questions or queries regarding the topics in this blog, then please feel free to contact us:

By email info@lloydpiggott.co.uk

By phone 0161 2367677